Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mommy Talk Tuesday! {Potty Training!}


This week's topic was selected randomly from your topic suggestions via random.org! 
The topic is Potty Training!!  

As mother's, potty training is something we all have to face! It can really be a tough milestone to achieve! Give us your thoughts on potty training! Have you potty trained your little one? When did you start? How did it go? What was the hardest part of potty training?  Also, give any tips you have for those who haven't potty trained yet! 

If you haven't potty trained yet,tell us what you questions and concerns you have about future potty training! Those of us who have potty trained might be able to help ease some of those fears and answer some of those questions you have.

I have a little bit of experience with potty training, even though I only have a 4.5 month old. I've been a full time nanny since I was 17 (about 5 years) and in Los Angeles I took care of twin 3 1/2 year old boys. Well, one of them was sort of potty trained (he would have a lot of accidents but still knew what he was suppose to be doing), and the other one just did NOT care at all. So that's probably my biggest fear when it comes time to potty train. That Boston just won't care (if he's as laid back then as he is now, I can see this happening) and I'll still be trying to train him at age 4 or something! I really like schedules, lists, planning things, and I know this does not always work out well for children! They need to do things at their own pace, and if you push them when they aren't ready it can completely backfire and produce the exact opposite of the desired outcome. So I'm going to have to learn to be patient, and wait it out and see how it goes. Luckily, this won't be any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment