Tuesday, April 10, 2012




The Not So Secret Confessions of a Second Time Mom

This week's topic is Losing the Baby Weight! How much weight did you gain  while you were pregnant? Have you lost the baby weight yet? If so, how did you lose the weight? Do you have any tips for other moms? If you haven't lost the weight yet, do you have any questions for moms who have? 

------------

I gained a TON of weight while I was pregnant. I started off at 104 (which is a BMI of 17.3 for my height), and I was on medication for ADD for Adderall, which usually makes you have no appetite. Well, I had to stop that when I got pregnant. My body decided since I was eating normally, instead of starving, it was going to holy on to EVERY CALORIE I put in my mouth because it assumed it would stop being fed again in the near future. Yeah that was fun, gained eight-five pounds without over eating even once. I lost 30lbs the first week home from the hospital. I've only lost about 5 more since then. Apparently my body also likes to hold on to weight while I'm breastfeeding which is pretty lame. Guess I just have to deal with it until I'm done when he's a year or so. I don't exercise but I eat healthy. Now that Boston's on a really good schedule I'll start going to the gym and leaving him with a sitter. I'll probably start taking spin and besides that just going on the elliptical and walking the 3 mile track. I don't need to lose the last 50 I still have, only about 30 since I was about 20lbs underweight. 


Beginning - somewhere around 8 - 10 weeks






13 Weeks

36 Weeks - day before I went into labor


Now - 5 months after





3 comments:

  1. I'm telling ya do the weight watchers points thing. I am not paying for anything, just counting points using my own calculator. The weight loss is about 1-2 pounds a week, but I don't feel like I am starving and I am actually working out less than I was when I first started. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the blog hop!!! Newest follower via GFC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried weight watchers for a month and I actually gained weight : / I was eating more than I even do normally on weight watchers. My diet is completely fine, that isn't the issue. I honestly think it's breastfeeding. Once I start exercising if I still don't lose weight I'll know for sure. But counting calories or points is not a good place for me to start, I have a diagnosed eating disorder and focusing too much on my diet isn't going to end up helping me in the long run.

    Hi Alicia!

    ReplyDelete