Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mommy Talk Tuesday! {Cloth Diapers!}





The Not So Secret Confessions of a Second Time Mom

This week's topic for Mommy Talk Tuesday is Cloth Diapers! Do you cloth diaper? If not, why not? If so, what convinced you to switch to cloth? What do you love about cloth? What are is your favorite diaper or type of diaper? Any troubleshooting questions? Feel free to ask! 
-------------------
Clearly, you know I cloth diaper from my many post about it this week! I didn't start at birth... I never really thought about it before one of my best friends here started doing it. I never had really heard about many people doing it before and didn't know how many options there were out there. All I really knew about were prefolds, and didn't know how easy to wash cloth diapers are, and I thought it would be gross to have to wash instead of just throw the diaper away with disposables. She let me borrow a few Alva Baby pockets for a few days and I immediately loved them! Since I'm still exclusively breastfeeding, I don't even have to spray the diapers out. I just throw them all in the washing machine every 2 days. Once I start solids I'll be buying a diaper sprayer to use before washing, which will make it even easier to keep them clean. 

What I love about cloth diapers, first of all, is how many different options there are. I started off with only pockets, and FLIP covers with stay dry inserts. I since have gotten rid of most of the FLIP covers and have branched out into AIO/AI2s, and fleece soakers as well. I have ordered fitteds this week and can't wait to try them out with my new fleece soaker. There are SO many cute prints and options and there are a ton of WAHM's that make really cute diapers on Etsy  and Hyena Cart. I recently got a Very Hungry Caterpillar AIO which is ADORABLE. My favorite type of diaper is the fleece lined Alva Baby pockets. 

A problem I am having, is finding the perfect combination for overnights. He is a HEAVY soaker and nothing I have tried works. I am going to try a fitted, with a bamboo or hemp soaker covered in a fleece soaker this week, my fitteds should be coming in a few days. 

2 comments:

  1. I first saw the HUngry catapiller diaper when we were getting out of diapers. they are so dang cute! Its funny when you use cloth how you are so sad to see the diapers go when they PT lol

    ReplyDelete