Monday, April 30, 2012

Mommy Talk Tuesday {Sleep!}





The Not So Secret Confessions of a Second Time Mom

This week's topic is Sleep! Does your child sleep through the night? If so, when did they start sleeping through the night? Do/Did you sleep train? Tips and/or questions your have for other moms are great too! 
---------------------
Okay, yes I know I'm 6 days late... but I was on vacation so oh well! I still really wanted to participate in this topic. 

Boston has never slept through the night. Some might disagree, as some people think sleeping 6 hours in a row is sleeping through the night, but I completely disagree. What good is him sleeping 6 hours during the night to me if he goes to bed at 7:30! It's not like I'll be getting 6 hours in a row, going to bed at 10pm! Haha, but anyway, he has gone 7 hours in a row a couple times, but it hasn't been for awhile. He now (besides the last week, which was horrible because we were on vacation) wakes up twice, usually sometime between 11:30 - 12:30, and then again around 3 - 4, and wakes in the morning at 8. 

I did begin sleep training, but I didn't really stick with it because we were going on vacation and my husband is still here. I don't want him to have to listen to him cry all night his last few weeks before deploying. I will be starting again when he leaves. For now I can deal fine with him waking twice to eat since he goes right back to sleep. I did start solids last night, since he is 6 months this week, so I have no idea if that will help at all with sleeping (I doubt it) but we will see. 

Now for naps, he is a GREAT napper! He usually takes 2 1.5 - 2 hour naps a day, and then one shorter nap later on in the afternoon/early evening that is 45 - 60 minutes. He hardly ever has to CIO before naps, we nap trained MONTHS ago. He would wake at 45 minutes and have to CIO to get back to sleep, but now he doesn't ever do that. We are still swaddling half-way. We were using the Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit, but with his new nighttime diaper combo it's just way too bulky. He had one arm out, so I found a larger velcro swaddler and just have him in that with one arm out. I was hoping to get rid of the swaddle by 6 months... but he's still not ready. I guess I can extend that to 7 months since he was a month early :)

This blog post has been brought to you by j. queen new york bedding

No comments:

Post a Comment