Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom Blog Monday



The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom

Something amazing has happened. Boston slept 9 hours in a row!! I decided last Thursday to begin CIO for sleep training. I decided I no longer care if he wakes my husband up. Yes, he has to get up at 5am every morning for work, but who cares, does that mean I should still be getting up 3 hours during the night and getting no sleep? No thanks! So he went to sleep at 7:30 on Wednesday, and woke up at 3! Thursday, he went to sleep but then was up at 10:30, he cried for 40 minutes and went back to sleep, cried at 11:30 for 10 minutes, then back to sleep. I fed him at 2:30 and he slept until 7:30. Friday was fine, I think he woke up only at 4:30 to eat. And then on Saturday, he slept 7:30 to 5! It was awesome. Everyone says he must have known it was mothers day :) Last night he slept until 4, so it's looking like 3:30 - 4:30 is about average. And I'm completely fine with one night feed, the 3 was just getting to be too much since I knew he wasn't actually waking because he was hungry! I really should either pump before I go to bed though, or set an alarm. They are so full by the time he eats, but I also have no milk left in the freezer and haven't in months, so it would be a good idea to start stocking up again in case we want to go somewhere without him. 

So anyways, yesterday was Mother's Day. In the morning we went up to Medicine Park. We walked around for awhile. We were suppose to go in the shops but we had to wait quite awhile since we got there at 9 and apparently nothing opens until noon. Boston didn't nap the entire time we were there (he usually sleeps 10 - 11:30) so he fell right asleep when we got home at a weird time and it messed the whole day up. We went to dinner later on and he was pissed most of the time. This guy in medicine park held him in one of the shops, and apparently Boston likes beards, he grabbed right on with both hands! It was hilarious. Today is back to the routine, hate when that gets messed up. Today at 12:30 we are going to the WIC breastfeeding support group, which my friend who is a breastfeeding peer counselor there runs each month. But this month we decided to do cloth diapering as the topic! I have a few new Alva diapers coming in today, hopefully the mail comes before I leave so I can bring them. 






1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower! I would love if you followed me at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete